It’s Birthday Week, in case you haven’t heard. So to celebrate [me], I’ve compiled a list of 26 things you may or may not know [about me].
1. I have a photographic memory.
2. I rent a room in my aunt and uncle’s basement. Payment currently stands at charming them with witty anecdotes and unloading the dishwasher.
4. I read the blogs of college acquaintances and complete strangers as though we’re the best of friends.
5. I cannot cook to save my life, but I can bake a mean apple pie.
6. I can’t function without lists or making my bed every morning.
7. I am a bibliophile. I’d love to tell you I’ve read all the books on my shelves, but that would defeat the purpose.
8. I refuse to buy a new tube of toothpaste until I’m faced with the threat of having to go without brushing. You call it bad hygiene; I call it living on the edge.
9. I cry every time I watch The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and 13 Going on 30.
10. My appendages are perpetually cold. Like, cold enough to freeze water.
11. I consult my dictionary and The Chicago Manual of Style every time I write, even for e-mails to my besties.
12. I wish I was acquaintances with Eddie Ross so we can meet for tea and antiquing every so often.
13. I work out so I can eat obnoxious amounts of food.
14. I’m a total homebody and I’m so OK with it.
15. I hate meat. But I eat it anyway, because I live with gourmet chefs who thrive on beef.
16. I can claim home to 19 different houses, dorm rooms, and apartments.
17. Surprisingly, there are only four black things in my room, the most important of which is a set of Penguin Classics. Everything else screams shades of pink.
18. I have seen every episode of Friends and Alias more times than you’ve seen the sun rise.
19. A teddy bear holds court on my bed every day. My sister has his brother.
20. I travel with at least two books, one magazine, and an iPod fully loaded with TV episodes and podcasts. I am my own information highway.
21. I have two webbed toes on each foot.
22. I want to hike up the steps of the St. Louis Arch. And I plan to bribe security guards so this can happen.
23. I’ve played the piano since I was five years old. I can only play one song by memory.
24. I know a ridiculous amount of information about actors and celebrities.
25. I think my cousins Annie and Natalie are the coolest teenagers ever. They are stage actresses, y’all.
26. I can’t wait for the day I look old enough to have graduated college.